How to Start a perfume Business.
Part 1 of this series: Put an action plan together and general overview of the entire process. To start a perfume business, carefully evaluate why you want to start a business and put everything you have into it. It’s always a good idea to have a mentor on your side that can help you when needed, and that’s where we come in. Get ready, buckle up, and hang on tight for the wildest and most amazing ride of your life.
If you’ve ever been interested in learning how to start a perfume business, you need to watch this video. We started Innosol, Inc. Perfumes and Flavors 16 years ago, and we’re here to help!
I’ve got the following tips.
- Evaluate yourself. Why do you want to start a business? for retirement, to pass on to family members, for fun, just to see if you have what it takes?
- Congratulations, you’ve chosen a great business segment with few competitors in this 40 billion dollar industry.
- Do market research in your town.
- Get feedback from family and friends, but take what they say with a grain of salt.
- Make it official. Get all of the legal aspects out of the way early.
Business structure, company name (LLC, corporation, or a sole proprietorship, to name a few.)
* This is very important: BUSINESS NAME & SECURE A WEBSITE ASAP.
- Write your business plan.
- Finance your business.
- Develop your perfume offering. You don’t want to make the cheapest perfume, you want to make the best perfume.
- You can use free starter formulas that typically require a lot of raw materials and you are gambling at their strength and how they smell in your products, or you can purchase proven formulas that use just a few raw materials and receive samples to use in your products or provide samples for your future customers to try. You need to decide.
- You want to provide a product with simplicity and Quality, not the cheapest product in the market.
Where to buy chemicals? How much should you pay per lb?
Need CAS# to ensure you are procuring the right chemical (you don’t get this level of detail with demo formulas)
*Samples Batch Storage
*Quality Control Testing
How to Mix / How to blend / How to melt crystals/ and sample prep. to store for each batch manufactured.
Inventory Management Spreadsheet: A great tool, and if I can use it so can you!
Now that you’ve mastered manufacturing perfumes, why not start manufacturing Personal Care Products? This will greatly increase your chance for success in the early days of your business.
Purchase proven finished product formulas like soaps and laundry detergents, or use demo formulas on line.
- Laundry detergents
- Air fresheners
- Cleaning products.
- Hair Care
- Car Wash Soaps
- Poo Spray
- Start building your team.
- Find a location. Where are you going to manufacture? We started in our garage like most small companies then moved into a warehouse.
- Start getting some sales, and start enjoying being an entrepreneuer.
- Grow your business.
I hope this information helps you on your journey to owning a perfume business. We hope only the best for you and your new company. We can guide you though some of the pitfalls, that will likely take most young business out of the running. We can also provide proven perfume and personal care formulas to give you the best chance at success. We are www.innosolinc.com and we are here to help every step of the way!